Need support with literacy? Get free help on 0800 891 339

Payroll Giving


Payroll Giving is a way of helping the Rural Youth and Adult Literacy Trust (RYALT) regularly and getting a tax credit at the same time.

If you or any of your friends or whanau would like to give to RYALT from your payroll, here’s how it works:

  • Your employer needs to offer payroll giving within their payroll system.
    • If they don’t and you want to give, we have other methods that you can give through being a Friend of RYALT or Sponsoring a Student.
  • RYALT is on the list of organisations for payroll giving.

The information that you will need to give to your employer is:

  • RYALT’s organisation’s name, which is the Rural Youth and Adult Literacy Trust
  • Amount of the donation
  • Pay period, or periods, you wish to donate in
  • RYALT’s bank account, which is 12-3023-0720450-00

As an employee, you will receive tax credits for donations made through payroll giving in your pay. You will not be able to claim the same donations at the end of the year on the Tax credit claim form – IR526. You use the IR526 to claim tax credits for donations not made through payroll giving.

Our Sponsors